|Your Love Life is Like The Princess Bride|
"Since the invention of the kiss, there have only been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind."
For you, love is like a fairy tale - albeit a fairly twisted one.
You believe romance is all about loyalty, fate, and a good big of goofy fun.
Your love style: Idealistic yet quirky
Your Hollywood Ending Will Be: Perfectly romantic
Haaaaapppy Birrrrrrthday, Tooooooooo Youuuuuuu.
HAaaaaaaaapy Biiiiiiiiirrrrthdaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
So it's my friend Jen C.'s
GOLDEN birthday today.
That means that she's 26
It's a big deal in her family.
I had no idea there WERE golden birthdays.
I missed mine.
I would have been five.
All of my boys are still good. We can start with them.
Ian will be 20.
Josh will be 21. (I'll have to watch him good for that one! LOL)
Macs will be 19.
Travis would have been 10. So we're a few years late for him too.
I did have the thought that I could throw myself an UNgolden birthday party. I really like that idea.
So, happy birthday, golden girl! I hope that your day is SUPER!
Here are my DOM cards from the last two prompts! Had fun with both of them! The prompt for week 19 was SURPRISE! I did mine on a Surprise gone bad when mom decided that surprising me with a LIFE SIZED fully DRESSED cardboard Travis would be a cool idea, since he was away at BOOT CAMP and couldn't be home for Valentine's Day (which is also our anniversary) It didn't go over too well. Mostly because I didn't realize that the cut out wasn't REAL for a second, and thought that Travis had somehow come HOME from boot camp. The disappointment was hard for a pregnant lady to TAKE! LOL She meant WELL.
The week 20 prompt was CHANGE, and I took the literal sense for the front of my card, but I listed the changes I've been through in my life, and I'm who I am because of them, so I wouldn't change a THING.
The seven deadly sins of Rachel:
1. Lust. I'm going to say that I lust after Wolverine. Not Hugh Jackman per say, but more Hugh as Wolverine. Man that X-Man makes me crazy!
2. Gluttony. Oysters. I eat them till I'm sick and then go back for more.
3. Greed. I don't really know. I guess when I'm shopping, sometimes my love of a deal makes me purchase things I don't really NEED, but since they are such a good deal, I will find something to use them for....
4. Sloth. Housework in any shape or form. I'm really really bad about it.
5. Wrath. I tend to explode on my kids too often. Did it just the other day to Macs, and I really am at a loss for any way to get through to him on certain things. Even my loss of control didn't really phase him THAT much.
6. Envy. I envy people who have clean houses and no dust.
7. Pride. I'm not really sure. Even when I did the deck of me prompt on this one, I had a tough time thinking of something. At that time, I said that I had pride in my Heritage. I still do.
I'm really trying.
But it's not working. I WANT to blog. everyday, I THINK about it, but lately, there's just so much going ON! On the other hand, I'm scrapping WAY more.
I like that.
So here's a bunch of my newest, and I have a DOM card that I'm saving for Sunday's newest prompt to share. I've been busy with friends, the yard, and today, taking pictures.... yeah. I'm doing what I LOVE!
I grounded myself.
It had to be done.
My scrap pages?
of fun, coffee, beaches, s'mores.
The list is endless.
My OTHER list is only getting longer.
PLAY IN MY GARDEN
Purge my bedroom of STUFF.
Ditto on the house.
So I'm grounded. If you want to come over that's fine. It's just that once I let MYSELF leave, I find all sorts of really great reasons to stay
I have had a really nice time just napping.
I might have to extend my grounding....
Here are the rules for playing 10 Things: Once you've been tagged, you have to write a blog with 10 weird, random things, facts or habits about yourself. At the end you choose people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them to be tagged. You can't tag the person who tagged you!
1. I don't like whipped cream on my blended coffee. It's gross.
2. My best friend and first love ran away from his grandparent's home when he was 14 to go live with his mom in WA. I never got to say goodbye. I think about him everyday. I wish I knew if he was OK.
3. I want to own a business, but I DON'T want to skip my days on the beach and having coffee whenever I want to with my friends. So I think the business is out.
4. I like cleaning other people's houses, but not my own.
5. I wish I had the energy to homeschool my kids.
6. I don't worry very much, but I used to.
7. I like Slurpee's from 7-11. BUT I only like the Coke flavored ones.
8. I only wanted a girl while I was pregnant with my first son. As soon as I saw him, I NEVER wanted a girl again.
9. I like snakes and lizards and tad poles and rats and butterflies and birds and flowers. I don't understand why people WOULDN'T want to watch a tad pole grow into a frog. It's like saying that flowers stink and butterflies are ugly.
10. I still like Limp Biscuit and Eminem and I listen to them as loudly as I can when I drive my car.
People I have tagged:
1. Smurfy Amy- because I miss talking to her too, and I know that she will do this.
2. Simply Karen- because I haven't heard from her in a while, and I know that she is having to be a grown up for a while.
3. Mom- because I don't think I know everything about her YET.
4. Lisa- because I don't know as much about her as she does about me! LOL
5. Christine- because I need a good excuse to go read her blog. I've been REALLY bad about it.
6. Babyfied Em- because I'm hoping that it will take her as long to do this as it has for me to mail her MIG MOGS. They are all done, and I STILL haven't sent them!
Week 17!! Can you believe it!? This week's prompt from Emily Falconbridge's Deck of ME challenge was YOUR BEDROOM. I have lots of stories and memories from my youth about my room, but I decided to go another route with my card, and take some self portraits in MY BEDROOM. In my bedroom, I can shed my titles and responsibilities and become a sex kitten. I put fishing line on my face for whiskers, and added a cat's nose to make the "kitten" part of the picture. So in person, the whiskers are 3-D. I also blacked out a bit of my card just to keep everything viewable for you guys. LOL you could actually see things BETTER on the scan than you can in real life!