Who would have THOUGHT!?!
just kidding. Like I said, I will be sending MOM a little something,
The "runner up" will get the prize.
Just wanted to mention, that the score board said Mom got 90, but when I checked her, she had 100. I had some trouble with the test creating, and one of my questions didn't have any answer checked. So it marked her as wrong.
Now to the NITTY GRITTY.....
It appears that I have a TIE! I planned to have a tie breaker, but really, I think I'll just send you both a little something. Since you both have my email, send me you mailing addresses!
Here's the answers to the test:
1. How does Rachel sign her artwork?
I sign my art with my middle name, Desiree
2. What musical instrument did Rachel play as a kid?
I played the Piano
3. What did Rachel do in her first job?
I was a Zookeeper at Wildlife Safari in Winston, OR. I was 17, and I got to raise a litter of Chettah cubs.
4. How long has Rachel been Married?
I've been married for 8 years. Ian was almost four.
5. What pets do the Whetzel's have?
Our Family has 2 dogs and 2 cats.
6. What is Rachel's Favorite Drink?
Since we've moved, we have a 7~11 here, and the COKE SLURPEE is my fave.
7. Where in Oregon did Rachel recently move to?
The Ocean. It even says so in my profile.... :)
8. How old was Rachel when her parents moved to Oregon?
I was almost four.
9. What kind of mommy is Rachel?
I think I'm a bit of a lot of different parenting styles. So the correct answer is PRETTY MIXED UP!
10. What does Rachel want to be when she grows up?
I REALLY want to own a shop that has a playdate area, and art intruction for kids, with a tea/coffee house area with couches and tables for the mommies to read the used books and have socialization time with other mommies. So CRAZY Rachel, wants them all!
Thank you all so much for playing along! You made my day! It was fun to see what you all thought of me! Have a safe and happy NEW YEAR! I won't be posting until after the first of the year, because JANET and her family are coming over for a visit!
I know it's not.
Lookie over in the sidebar......
scroll down a bit....
There's a picture link.
I can add more categories.
So that's all I had to say.
I made a button using HTML and used the new blogger to add "HTML/ JAVA SCRIPT"
I use flickr for my online host. They have this nifty feature that makes a picture into a square, and they give you some HTML to go with it. I know enough about HTML to take the stuff I need and make a new link with the picture. The Gallery of photos is actually the "set" feature of FLICKR.
Don't forget to enter the contest to see how well you know me! I'm leaving the running open until FRIDAY.... Good Luck!
So test away! Just how well you REALLY know me... Oh, and just so ya know... IF my dear mommy happens to WIN... I'll send out TWO prizes. Because well, she kind of has an unfair advantage and all.....
Create your own friendquiz here
When I was little, I had a paper mache boot that got filled with goodies. Originally, the story goes, St. Nicholaus helped the poor many a time by leaving gold inside empty boots left by the door. In one version, the gold is in the form of balls. This is where the tradition of leaving an orange in stockings (boots) came from. I thought that my boot had been ruined long ago, and I've never been able to find boots that looked the way my old one did. These boots were plain, and I was able to buy over 6 of them at the thrift store. I added the holly and names myself in a recreation of my original boot.
The other picture above, is our gifts waiting to be opened.
Only two socks left! Christmas is around the corner!
My card count ~ 7 ~!
1. Who made you happy today? Macs and Josh. They are the only ones up with me.
2. What were you doing at 8 this morning? Sleeping in.
3. What were you doing 15 minutes ago? Blog Stalking as Janet would call it! LOL
4. Name something that happened to you in 1996. I had become best friends with my future husband, and I was in TOTAL denial of my love.
5. What is the last thing you said out loud? Macs, do you want a cookie?
6. How many different things did you drink today? I haven't even had my coffee yet.
7. What color is your toothbrush? Purple with green trim.
8. What was the last thing you bought? Rye Bread.
9. What was the last gift you received for your birthday? Money from my In Laws.
10. What color is your front door? White.
11. Where do you keep your change? In a jar.
12. What is the weather like today? Overcast. Coastal. Cold.
13. What color shirt are you wearing? Peach with a pink undershirt.
14. What is something you are excited about? My mom and dad are coming to visit us thise weekend!
15. When was the last time you saw a rainbow? This summer.
16. Do you have any sisters? Only one.
17. whered it go? Where'd WHAT go? The apostrophy that SHOULD be in that word? I'm guessing it was never there to begin with. It bothers me that it's not there. It's taking everything I have not to PUT it there.
18. Are you very random? Judging by my last answer, and the fact that I really have no idea what RANDOM really MEANS "these days" I'm probably NOT. Spontanious, yes. RANDOM, mmmmm.... I'm gonna go with yeah, how 'bout NO?
19. Do you want to cut your hair? Not for a while. I just did it.
20. Are you over the age of 25? Totally.
21. Do you talk alot? That's a rhetorical question, right? Right? I mean, really. Right?
22. Do you watch The OC? NEVER!!!!!!!! I don't want to become suicidal that badly, really!
23. How many gf/bf relationships have you been in? I think about 16. But I stopped dating after I got married......
24. Do you know anyone named Steve? Yes.
25. Do you prefer the cold weather or hot weather? I like them both. Rainy more than just cold.
26. Are you ticklish? I used to be, but the older I get the less I am.
27. Are you typically a happy person? Pretty much!
28. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter 'A'. Amanda the Amazing
29. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter 'K'. Kathy AKA Horton Hears a Who
30. Who is the 4th person on your missed calls list? A Relative from CO. I didn't get to the phone in time....
31. If you could change one thing in you life right now, what would it be? My house wouldn't need me.
32. Do you chew on your straws? No. My gramma taught me NEVER to.... LOL
33. Do you have curly hair? No.
34. When was the last time you went to a concert? The summer before last, 2005, we saw Lady Smith Black Mambazo at the music on the half shell in Roseburg.
35. Who is the coolest person in your life? Not really sure....
36. What is one habit of yours? I have a habit of trying to do too much. Then I can't always finish what I start.
37. What is the last thing you ate? Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
38. Have you seen the movie 'Donnie Darko'? No. Never even HEARD of it.
39. Do you have work tomorrow? Nowhere but HOME...
40. Is marriage in the future? If it's NOT, then I'll be Divorced. So I'm planning on it!
41. When was the last time you said 'I love you' and meant it? Everytime I say it.
42. What should you be doing right now? Housework.
43. What are some of your nicknames? I hate it, but it's Rach.
44. What is one thing you want for Christmas? No Stress, and for my sister not to complain that we are getting up "too early" at 7:00 or 8:00 on Christmas morning.
45. Are you a heavy sleeper? I am a pretty deep sleeper, and I wake up if people try to sneak around.
46. When was the last time you used a skateboard? Um. Never. Does NEVER work for you?
47. What is the best movie you've seen in the past two weeks? The ONLY movie I've seen in the last two weeks was Pirates of the Carribeann 2. It was good. The best one this SEASON so far; Santa Clause 3.
48. What is one good thing someone said to you? "Oh, Mommy, you make me so HAPPY!" ~macs
49. What are you listening to? Josh and Macs playing with playdough.
50. Are you currently depressed? No, but I'm crampy.
And one little rose bush raised it's branches. I'll bloom, it said. In the wind and the rain. I'll bloom, it said.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We have the gifts from Mom and Dad under the tree. Santa brings gifts for the boys that he has wrapped, and fills our stockings on Christmas Eve.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Icicle lights outside, multi colors inside and out on the trees. If I had it my way, I'd have all one color, but Travis and the boys like the multi colored lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. I can't FIND any!
5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Turkey with cranberry sauce.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Wondering every year, which wrapping paper was mine. Trying to figure it out by the shape of the boxes. Opening my paper clue on Christmas Eve.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? The truth is, I always knew he was based on an actual person.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, we open gifts with Travis' family on Christmas Eve. When I was a kid, we got to pick ONE gift to open before bed.
10.How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With a mix of nostalgia and kid ornaments. My mom gets me an ornament every year still to this day. If I like it, it goes on the tree.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it!!!
12. Can you ice skate? A little bit.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't think I could name ONE favorite! I am always impressed by the thoughtful things that Travis' brother gives. We see him at family things, but we don't have the chance to really be together on a day to day basis. Somehow, he seems to know just what to get. His gifts always FIT the person he's giving to.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Just remembering Christmas as a kid. Now that my gramma is gone, I really think about her around this time. A lot of my Christmas things were hers, and I enjoy the closeness and connection I have to her through this season. I got my love for it from her and my mom.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pie. Really doesn't matter what kind.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We have so many! I really like the tradition that we started after Travis and I got married. We go and wake my parents up after we do Christmas at our house Christmas morning. It makes me feel like a kid again, and the boys love it.
What tops your tree? A Snowflake.
18. Prefer giving or receiving? Definitely giving! I like planning the giving! LOL
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree (the Home Alone version)
20. Candy Canes, yuck or yummy? Yummy!
Oh, and by the way.....
At 6:36 am Dec. 5th, 1975, my mom was just finishing up the delivery of her first baby girl.
8lbs, 9oz. With a head of dark brown hair....
So. Happy Birthday to ME! I am loving me today. And wishing I was still little, because the parties are so much cooler when you are a kid. Maybe on of these times, I'll have me a kid's party.
Talk at you later! and for those of you who still haven't figured out the math...
1. A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep.
2. If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.
3. A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
4. If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.
5. You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.
6. The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.
7. When you hear the toilet flush and the words "uh oh", it's already too late.
8. Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
9. A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.
10. Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4- year old Boy.
11. Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.
12. Super glue is forever.
13. No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.
14. Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
15. VCR's do not eject "PB & J" sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.
16. Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
17. Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
18. You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.
19. Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.
20. The fire department in Austin, TX has a 5-minute response time.
21. The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.
22. It will, however, make cats dizzy.
23. Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
24. 80% of Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids.
25. 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.
I did not learn all of these things on my own. It was a very clever Email sent to me by my friend LeeAnne. Thanks, LeeAnne! Made my morning!
I grew up in a fantastic Church. I've loved it from day one. This move was the first time I've ever had to search for a church. I've never not had one. In fact, I still consider Redeemer's my home church.
I've been looking at the churches here in our teeny community, and wondering HOW I was going to fill the void that my wonderful Parent Church has left. My husband came to God there, and we both enjoyed the truth and ease which the pastor there taught. The worship was wonderful. It was just good.
I haven't been to church in ages, because other places have just never been comfortable. I felt awkward. Not at peace. It's hard to explain. One church that I visited here in our new town in my search for our new church home, was close. Still, there was just an unsettling in my heart. It hurt that I might have to settle. Something I didn't want to do. I DON'T want to do. It was a good church. Small, and with an older generation congregation, but perfectly good. We have friends who attend there. It's a good church. Still, something not right FOR ME. I just thought I had set the bar too high. That in a little town like ours, this might be all there was.
I decided to give another church a try. My neighbors go there. It's actually right around the corner from us. Literally. I've been meaning to go for quite a few weeks now. Things have gotten in the way. Illness, Houseguests, Trips out of town, just STUFF. So today, the boys and I went. Like I said, I've never gone looking for a church. I don't know how it works. I do know this. Today, I was HOME. I can't describe it. I was at peace. I wanted to jump in with my whole being. I know this is a church that will be mine. I can't wait for Sunday to come.
You scored as Verbal/Linguistic.
You have highly developed auditory skills,
enjoy reading and writing and telling stories,
and are good at getting your point across.
You learn best by saying and hearing words.
People like you include poets, authors,
speakers, attorneys, politicians,
lecturers and teachers.
The Rogers Indicator of Multiple Intelligences
created with QuizFarm.com
Hmmmm. Did you see the teacher part? Mmmm Hhhmmm.
Somehow, the googley eyes got out of their drawer the other night. Then the glue dots. Then the Sharpie. Well, you can see what happened. Josh did his face all one his own, but Macs had some outside help. (mom and dad)
Such fun, isn't it!?
Ian decided to get tricky and be original too, so he made TWO faces...
Ahhh. The things we do to entertain ourselves!
As you know, I took KelliCrowe's advent sock idea, and ran with it. I have been putting conversation starters along with goodies in our socks. The first day, I put a note asking the boys to tell me what Christmas Spirit was, and how they would share their Christmas Spirit with others this year. The next one, I put a poem/clue about an ornament that I have on the tree that has special meaning to me. They hunted for the ornament, and then I told them why it was special. So here's the idea- I NEVER like the Christmas pictures that I take. Bad angles of kids with toys, no one really wants to look at the camera while they are opening gifts. They just never capture the real moment like I would like them to, and after a while, years start to look the same. Just not ever the pictures I would like to scrap about. So this year, I am keeping the notes that I am putting in our advent socks, and taking pictures of the items that we will talk about from the treasure hunts. When Christmas is here, I am going to take ONE bed head picture of our whole family on Christmas morning in front of our tree, and I'm going to scrap our advent. This way, I will be putting our traditions, and memories on paper, and getting a yearly picture of our family without the same old same old present scamble pics! Hope you like the idea.